We are Kinsella Stone Limited, Company No 642191 registered in Ireland (and we refer to ourselves as “Wesellstone”, “we” or “us” or “our” in this document).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We ask that you please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we, as data controller of your personal data, will treat it.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
B. The Information We Collect
Data we collect from you directly
When you register to use Wesellstone we will ask for the following information: your name, email address, password, IP address and postcode.
We will also ask you to provide data as you use Wesellstone so that we can improve certain aspects of the Services.
Data we collect from your activity on the Sites
As you use Wesellstone and personalise your account, we collect data about your activity on the website. This includes things like:
• Information about your use of various services;
• Your communications with Wesellstone;
• Other Information related to your use of the Services;
• Other information related to your activity, such as which website referred you to us;
Data we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from third party sources, such as data aggregators and from third parties to whom you have given permission to share your information or from whom you have given us permission to request your information.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal data we collect to provide the Services, to customise and improve your Wesellstone experience, to make your experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible and for commercial purposes.
Use of Information to Provide the Services
Certain information is required in order for the Services, or certain features of the Services, to operate.
Here are some specific examples of information used to provide the Services.
- Your email address and password allows us to recognise you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service and a personal user account.
- Your postcode allows us to identify which vendors deliver to your area and what products are available to you from those vendors. Your postcode also allows us to identify which vendors deliver to your area.
- We use your IP address to prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our site.
- To facilitate your registration to Wesellstone, we may provide you with the ability to register for a relevant third party website of Wesellstone through the Sites. If so, we may pre-populate certain fields in the registration form for that third party website for you. If we do so, it will be for fields for which we already hold your information, such as your name, postcode and email address. You always have the opportunity to delete any fields that we pre-populate.
- When you place an order for one of the vendors on Wesellstone, we will ask you for your full name, your telephone number and shipping and billing addresses. On subsequent purchases, we may pre-populate these fields for you with the information previously provided. You always have the opportunity to amend any fields that we pre-populate at the point of purchase, or by updating the information in the “My Account” section of the Sites at any time.
- When you place an order for one of the vendors on Wesellstone, the following personal data will be provided to the Merchant in order that it may fulfil your order: full name, telephone number, email address and shipping and billing addresses. Please note that no payment information will ever be provided to a Vendor by us.
- We use information collected by us on transactions you have completed via Wesellstone vendors in order to monitor service quality levels and to provide service and support to Wesellstone users and vendors in general and for individual sales.
Use of Information to Customise and Improve the supermarket.ie Experience
We want your purchasing experience on Wesellstone to be as enjoyable as possible. We will collect the data about your purchasing activities and preferences to customise your account (in addition to how you customise it yourself) and to enable us to provide an efficient and user-friendly service. We will also use it to improve the quality of the site.
Here are some specific examples of how we use your data:
• We keep details of your favourites from any of the Supermarkets (if you have chosen to import them to your supermarket.ie account), details of items you have added to favourites and details of previous baskets of goods you have ordered in your favourites list. This will allow you to shop more efficiently on future visits.
• We keep a record of the contents of your baskets of goods between shopping sessions. This allows you to continue shopping sessions that you may have stopped midway with no need to add again all the items that you already placed in your basket.
• We keep details of purchases from any of our Merchant Shops, and we make this information available to you via our Sites for your review and record-keeping purposes. Merchants may access this information in the supermarket.ie Shops Manager and users may find this information in the My Account section of the Sites under “My Previous Orders”
• We may keep a record of certain of your preferences such as sorting order of items and the last shelf you accessed, so you don’t need to reset these preferences every time you start shopping.
• We keep a record of your login details for the Supermarkets to make it faster for you to place orders or book delivery slots in the future so that you do not continually have to re-enter such details. We also keep these details to ensure you are able to benefit from our cashback programmes as we use them to verify your eligibility, as we set out above. If you have chosen to import your favourites from a Supermarket, we will use your login details for that Supermarket in order to automatically update any imported Supermarket Favourites lists when you visit the Sites. If you do not wish to have your imported Supermarket Favourites lists automatically updated, you can easily opt out updating your Import Favourites preferences in the “My Account” section of the Sites at any time.
• We keep a record of your billing and shipping address details so as to make it faster for you to complete purchases from Merchants on supermarket.ie Shops.
• Paying attention to how you use the Sites help us to develop improvements to the Sites and the Services.
• If you have been referred to us by a third-party website, we may keep a record of the website that referred you so that we may work out which websites refer more or less users to our Sites. We may also have referral arrangements with certain third-party websites and referrers and we may use this data to fulfil obligations that we may have to these third-party websites or referrers.
• We collect and track individual and aggregate information about shopping habits, products and service preferences and selections which users have made and the like. We use this information for the personalisation or general improvement of the Services, but also for the purpose of business research. You can see more about aggregate information below.
• We collect and track individual and aggregate connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; other software and hardware information and the like. We use this information to understand how and when our Merchants and users access our services, and so we can further develop our Sites and Services to suit.
Use of Information for Commercial Purposes
Wesellstone does not charge non-commercial users for use of the Sites. When you use a service like Gmail, you ‘pay’ for the service by allowing Google to scan your emails and use the information they find to target ads at you. When you use the MSM comparison service, you ‘pay’ for the service by allowing us to use the data we collect about you and about your use of Sites, which we then anonymise, aggregate and sell. In terms of data which is personal to you however, we earn revenues from this (which allows us to keep the Sites online and totally free to our non-commercial users) through industry standard sources and methods including advertising sales which may be targeted to you (including online behavioural advertising, including and personalised retargeting advertising, ) and through the sale of business intelligence data (which is anonymised).”
Here is how your information is used for this:
- We use information about your activity on our site, including information about your current location when using the App, in order to present you with targeted advertising—that is, product information, offers and promotions that we think may be interesting to you and that you might like. Without targeting, you will still see advertisements; they are just less likely to be relevant.
- We share information with certain carefully selected third party partners so that they can:
- present you with advertisements and promotional offers that are relevant to you and your interests on both supermarket.ie and other sites based on your activity on supermarket.ie or, alternatively;
- to present you with advertisements on supermarket.ie based on your activity on other websites. For example, you may see ads for products you viewed on another website while browsing supermarket.ie.
For more information on data sharing, please see the “Data Sharing” section.
- We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Sites, Services or ourselves, any testimonials you provide us with about the Sites, the Services or ourselves – and we may append to the testimonial your first name (but not your surname) and general geographic location (e.g. City or locale).
- We collect data on your (and other users’) activity in respect of products and how users shop online in order to develop business intelligence insights on consumer behaviour in general, in respect of a particular brand or product and other areas. This data (which is anonymised and is based on a statistical analysis of the activity of thousands of users) is sold or provided to supermarket.ie customers which include journalists, brands, retailers, researchers and others. Examples of data we might look at are: which products you seem to prefer; which products you have added to (or removed from) your supermarket.ie favourites list and to or from the lists you have imported from Supermarkets using our Import Favourites service; products you tend to purchase together; how you use the site (e.g. in what order consumers do their online shopping) and other areas. For more information, see the section on Aggregate Information, below.
Use of Your Email Address
We use your email address to communicate with you. Some of these are service emails and are so we can communicate with you about Sites updates or your activity on the Sites. For instance, we may send you service emails:
• after registration for the Services or any cashback programme, notifying you of your registration details;
• after you have sent a basket of goods to a Supermarket, giving you details about that including regarding applicable cashback amounts;
• after you have made a purchase on supermarket.ie Shops, to confirm the order and update you on the status of the order and its delivery;
• to send you information which you have asked for; and
• to contact you about the status of ratings or reviews you have submitted using our Services.
In addition, from time to time we may email you marketing emails with Sites news and updates or details of sales offers or promotions. These may be marketing for the Sites itself or on behalf of third parties. We may also contact you for market research purposes, either for commercial purposes or so we can get feedback about the Sites.
Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual user identities have been removed and from which it is not possible to work out individual customer identities. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but all such information will be anonymised and no identifying information will be included in the resulting data.
Aggregate data helps us to understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We use and disclose anonymised aggregate information to provide other products and services, as well for the purposes of evaluating and improving our existing products and services.
D. Payment Information
Users wishing to complete a purchase on supermarket.ie must provide credit card information. Wesellstone receives secure credit card acceptance and vaulting services from third party payment processers. We neither receive nor stores any credit card details ourselves. Your payment details are received only by the third-party payment processor and are not shared with any third parties.
Users: the third-party payment processers will store your credit card details for use by you in future transactions. You may update or delete this information at any time by updating your credit card preferences in the “My Account” section of the Sites. Please note that no payment information will ever be provided by ourselves or by the third-party payment processor to a Merchant.
E. Security Measures
All of the information we collect about you is stored on our secure servers and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. For example, we use secure encryption to hold passwords (e.g. the password allocated as part of the registration process – which may later be changed) or your login details (if you authorise us to save this information).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
G. Data Sharing
• We may share your personal information to any member of our group of companies, which means any subsidiaries of Superdata Limited, or its ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
• At times we work with other companies who help us to provide the Services to you or provide other support services pertaining to the operation of the Sites. These companies receive only the personal information required in order to provide services, and are not allowed to use that information for anything aside from providing the services.
Corporate and Statutory Purposes
• We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it and engage in another similar corporate transaction.
• We will share personal information where we are required to share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
H. Obtaining Your Personal Information
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that we will need to see proof of identity before processing your request and that there may be an administrative fee (not exceeding the maximum permitted by law) for this. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
Please direct your enquiries to:
H. Questions or Comments?