The Tipperary Sandstone Building Stone from www.wesellstone.com is an Irish biscuit coloured sandstone renowned for its high quality and warm colour.
Stonemasons all over Ireland, like the quality of its cornerstones and matching walling stone and levellers. The Tipperary sandstone has been used in many projects around Ireland. To mention a few:
1. Kilboy Stud in Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
2. On housing developments in Inishannon, Co. Cork & Straffan , Co. Kildare.
3. On the houses arounds " Knightsbrook Hotel " , Trim, Co. Meath.
4. In numerous private houses all over the UK & Ireland .
5. The " Bulmers" entrance wall in Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
The stone is packed in bulk bags ( yes those large white sacks ! ). There are different sizes and grades, we will give the options and there recommended uses.
1. Standard Premium Mix of Tipperary Sandstone Building Stone : the standard premium mix is a mix of sizes from brick to block size mixed in the white sack to give your wall or house a nice balance of sizes on the facade.
2. Tipperary Sandstone Large Cornerstones or Quoin Stones : these are used in entrance piers as the main cornerstones and also in stables and luxury houses. They would be used in combination with the Tipperary Sandstone Building Stone " Standard Premium Mix " As a rule of thumb, there would be one bag of " Tipperary Sandstone Large Cornerstones for each pier in an entrance. The " bulk bags " are marked " XL " for easy identification.
3. Tipperary Sandstone " Levellers " , we recommend at least one bag of levellers on each load of stone or approx. 10% of levellers in a " dry finished stonewall " . Again , as mentioned previously , the levellers are part of the overall ingredients of the entrance or house face and are used in combination with the " Tipperary Sandstone Premium Mix " and Large Tipperary Sandstone cornerstones.
4. Tipperary Sandstone Random Rubble Building Stone : The Random Rubble Building Stone is a quality building stone with a random or haphazard shape. It gives the wall or building " a bit of character ". Again , it is combined with the above or used where the customer wants to match existing stables, buildings or walls etc.